Duties and Responsibilities
The right candidate will have proven experience in all aspects of shipping, including parcel and bulk. The responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated working experience with FedEx and UPS, identifying weights and costs, packing slips, bill of ladings, required domestic and international paperwork, etc.
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and paperwork required for cartons, pallets/skids, rolls of material, etc.
- Ability to follow directions, written and verbal, use computer programs for shipping and moving inventory, maintain all data and records of shipping activities, prepare shipping labels for cartons and skids, including wrapping and banding skids, regularly.
- Responsible for assuring all counts and shipping orders are correct prior to shipping, arranging with carriers and freight forwarders to move prepared freight in accordance with specific customer requirements.
- Maintain shipping area is in good working order, stocked with required day-to-day materials, and kept clean and picked up.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location